Weekly Blog Posts 10

• Consider how you can use the PLN interactions of this course to further your digital identity post-term.

My PLN interactions have been developed through our online class community which is Mattermost. It helps me to create my digital online and I am able to communicate with my classmates there. I also create my blog posts on WordPress and other classmates will comment on my posts. It helps me to create my digital identity. This is my first time using the online community, I think it is a great way to develop my PLN interactions. We also get a chance to do the group work online with my classmates, we share ideas and thoughts online and be able to meet using zoom. As for my further digital identity, I learned that I need to talk more and be more active in the class community, it is a way of making more connections with others.

• What does it mean to have a digital identity in your industry of choice and can your current PLN be used to help professional development post-course?

My digital identity is created by use my personal information on the web and the data is created by my actions online. As for my industry of choice, I share ideas on Twitter and hashtag #Economic. It gives me a lot of useful information to help with my academic learning. It has my unique information online which is a way of creating a digital identity online. I still need to work on my current PLN in order to help professional development post-course. because I think I need to make more connections with the experts online. They can provide me with more professional ideas so that my PLN can develop more professionally.

• Additionally, as you progress through the steps of your career, can your PLN be relied on to open professional opportunities?

I still need to improve my current PLN in order to help me with professional job opportunities. I just started to use LinkedIn and didn’t have a lot of connections. By making more connections on this app can help me to develop more job opportunities. However, I think my PLN can still be relied on because I have developed much reliable information for my industry. I can get a lot of information for my future career. Experts can provide me with personal information and gain from their experience. With the strong PLN, I can rely on it and get more job opportunities for sure.

Oliveira, Nuno R., and Lina Morgado. “Digital Identity of Researchers and their Personal Learning Network.” Springer International Publishing, Cham.

1. uvicstudent

Hello!
    I enjoyed reading your blog post this week! I would definitely recommend signing up for a LinkedIn account if you haven’t already to connect professionally with individuals in the same field as you to expand your PLN. I have defiantly benefited from doing this and have met so many like-minded people in the same field as me and have been able to access possible co-op opportunities. This is a great way to grow you PLN because everyone on LinkedIn wants to connect with each other so it is definitely a welcoming and positive environment!

• yanlixu

Hi ,
      Thank you for your advice. I agree with you that LinkedIn can really help with expanding my PLN. I will use this frequently to expand my PLN and making more connections. It is great that it helps you with your co-op opportunities. Thanks for sharing this information to me as I am planning to do co -op as well .